A Business and Risk Update
You buy commercial insurance to protect your business from the unforeseen events that might cause a claim, damage, or loss. Commercial insurance provides the financial resources necessary to help your business recover from a covered loss. As your business grows, so does your risk. As societal norms change, your business risks also change. A commercial insurance review can help you better understand your new risks and how best to manage them.
Common Emerging Risks
- The connected workplace is allowing employees to work from remote locations. However, this can create new liabilities for businesses. Remote workplaces create increased risk of cyber breaches, undocumented workers’ compensation claims, and other HR issues.
- The use of imported products can adversely affect your businesses risk. If you use imported products as part of your manufacturing process, you have an increased risk of that product failing. You may then have difficulty recovering your losses in a foreign county.
- The shortage of skilled workers can also increase your business risk. Set up a thorough training program to ensure all new employees have an understanding of their job duties and functions.
- Business interruption losses can close your business down. It is important to have the right kind of business insurance to cover a shutdown. Coverage can include payroll, extra expenses, and lost revenue.
- Loss of brand reputation can kill your business overnight with the use of social media. Make sure you respond quickly to all client concerns and have a social media policy for your business.
At Belltown Insurance Group, we pride ourselves in evaluating your business insurance needs in California. We take the time to find out the different challenges your industry may have for insurance concerns and tailor a package that fits your risks. We also look at other exposures your business may have according to your personnel, location and future plans.
We offer all types of Personal Insurance coverages to our clients in and around San Diego, Coronado, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, San Francisco, and Temecula including Car, Home, Life, Health, and Motorcycle Insurance.
Give one of our agents a call to save money on your Business Insurance. Some of our Commercial insurance coverages include Business Owners Policy (BOP) , General Liability , Bonds and Group Health.